"Bless the moment... and the years will be their own blessing. Many of us
live life in a rush because it allows us to believe we are going somewhere."
-Jacob the Baker-


Saturday, May 14, 2011

THINGS

i really enjoyed this exercise.  so i thought to myself... self, why not make THINGS a monthly tradition?  but it became verbose and sentimental last time, so i'm going to expedite the process and release the abbreviated version.
[FYI - 'Things' is also a game.  If you don't know the rules to this game... I'm sorry.  You should learn.  There's the version in the box.  Or there's the version where you make it up as you go along.  I like the latter better.  It's way more fun when the players are the ones making up the categories.  Like "Things you should never name a children's book".  My answer: "Peeping Tom Goes to Play-school".]


five things for which i'm grateful...
... Angelle's kitchen window that looks out on a farmyard full of quirky farm animal personalities.
... an hour spent chatting with Val, who stretches my mind and reminds my heart that it has found its niche.
... hours of silence.
... C-Bear's uncanny ability to pinpoint and exploit the things that make me uncomfortable and awkward.  she's a friend who knows me well.
... the letter B when it represents a grade on a paper, or a girl who's texting me about a bearded dragon.

four things i look forward to...
... wednesday.  seriously - how many good things can fit onto a single calendar day?  a phone date with an old friend, some good time with a new one, and a quiet, clean house for the rest of the time.
... celebrating milestones with the people i love as we journey through life together... there are a few milestones coming up this month!
... a much-anticipated visit to AB.
... moving into my new place... having my own space!


three things that are weighing on my mind...

... job-hunting... who needs a job anyways?  but i need money for school.  i also want the right job.  one that cares for and equips their staff, one that suits the strengths that i have to bring to the team, one that challenges me a bit.
... career-thoughts... am i moving in the right direction? maybe i should investigate some broader options.
... unknowns - of which i have many right now.

two risks i'm glad i took...
... having an honest, vulnerable conversation with a friend.
... choosing to sink my roots into flooded MB instead of trying to transplant back to AB again.


one thing...
...the Unknown is just another word for Opportunity; to worry about what is yet unknown impoverishes it of its beauty by distorting the way we see life.  humans are easily convinced that life consists in snatching crumbs from beneath the fist of the giant Hardship instead of receiving generous gifts from the hand of a caring God.  we must choose to see the Unknown as Friend instead of Foe.

2 comments:

Heidi said...

So when is the anticipated visit to Alberta my dear sister?? Love you!

Unknown said...

Hey - your last paragraph reminded me of something. Two words:

Scaredy Squirrel.

When was the last time you scheduled yourself for a jump into the Unknown and stretched your wings?

much love
.:bear:.