"Bless the moment... and the years will be their own blessing. Many of us
live life in a rush because it allows us to believe we are going somewhere."
-Jacob the Baker-


Thursday, May 19, 2011

never say never

i didn't say never... i just said something along the lines of, "probably not."  i speak of my attitude toward camp programs in general.  would i ever lead at camp again?  "not likely," i would have insisted.  there is a time for everything, and a season for everything under the sun.  and the season of camp ended with an exhausted jenni-bee in 2008.  i was sure of it.

but today, i am very happy to say that i am the happy director of adventurer's day camps (run out of the winnipeg e-free church).  i am choosing t-shirt colours, hammering out themes, choosing curriculum (or writing my own??), making sure staff files are in order, familiarizing myself with our budget, meeting with my assistant to get a sense of what's been done in the past, and meeting with my boss to get a sense of where the program could go, etc.

so what changed?  a tenacious eight year-old with pigtails and a big smile had a pretty blunt conversation with me... that's what.  unthinkable.  unthinkable is the fact that i have turned down the jobs in my field that i applied for (although they offered me better positions than what i applied for in every case) and took a job that i didn't apply for until i knew i had it.  unthinkable is the fact that my landlords are delighted that i'm occupying their 3 bdrm home for the summer - for the price of one room (and recently offered to cut my rent).  unthinkable is the fact that i've gone from working evenings and weekends to working mon-fri days, from commuting 40 minutes to a 7 km bike ride, from crisis/high needs work to creative/team development work.

what a week!  life has changed so much... and i have so many reasons to be grateful.

2 comments:

kerry said...

That is a big deal, indeed -- I hope you have the most fun, ever. Seriously.

Melissa said...

Interesting how God intervenes at the last possible moment to change OUR plan into HIS plan. Enjoy every moment!