"Bless the moment... and the years will be their own blessing. Many of us
live life in a rush because it allows us to believe we are going somewhere."
-Jacob the Baker-


Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Folks, I am proud to announce that I am on a sabbatical from the dictionary-writing business (girl-brain is the sole addition to the collection at this point), and am now kicking some serious assignment ass.  I just wrapped up a book review that contained a solid argument and also used words like:
reductionism/reductionistic
philosophical anthropology
hegemony
orthopraxy
papyrology
exogenous.
And I can now bring words like epistemology, cosmology and ontology to a normal level of discussion for college students.  Moreover, I am happy to report that I have a newfound interest in theological anthropology.  I am so very full of big words that I might burst.  Unless y'all offer me something new to play with, that is.  Current word loves include: exculpate and lickerish.  Dying to use the latter in a paper... I have a prof who has a deep appreciation for new and entertaining words.

And now I'm going to bed.  Short word.  Good concept.  I have to say... the skilled use of short words is a neglected aspect of academic writing.  Anyone have a winner word in the short and sweet category?
That's M... she's pretty great.  My book review advisor of the week, and a faithfully demonstrator of learning via osmosis.

No comments: