"Bless the moment... and the years will be their own blessing. Many of us
live life in a rush because it allows us to believe we are going somewhere."
-Jacob the Baker-


Sunday, December 20, 2009

jenni is...

trying really really really hard to focus.  on finishing paperwork.  and documenting all the shenanigans (yes... shenanigans) that go on at the youth shelter on any given day.  my shift began at 1100... and being a good employee i was here at 1045 (today... yesterday i was not such a good employee and was late).  this is the first moment since 1045 that i have stepped out of crisis mode... taken a deep breath... and reminded myself that it's all going to turn out okay in the end.  (although no doubt okay for some of these kids, isn't what i'd actually call okay).  now i get to tackle the paperwork.  according to my calculations, i spend approximately 3 minutes documenting each minute that i spend in significant interaction with a youth.  [speaking of significant interaction... i would like to mention that one of my fave kids called me G today.  it's been a long time since someone has called me G.  made my heart warm inside.]  back on track after a minor rabbit trail.  so by my calculations, i should finish paperwork right around 2300... which is when my shift ends.  that is... if the kids stay out of crisis mode, and no additional crises (plural) requiring additional documentation occur.
get back to work, G... the day isn't over yet, but your break is.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Love you friend. You are doing good work...and in some small way you are making things OKAY. Even if it doesn't seem that way.