"Bless the moment... and the years will be their own blessing. Many of us
live life in a rush because it allows us to believe we are going somewhere."
-Jacob the Baker-


Thursday, March 5, 2009

Philosophy 101

Today deserves a question... painfully thought provoking and convicting if I actually intend to act on the broader implications of my stated belief -
~
To what extent am I responsible to inconvenience myself for the benefit of others?
~
More questions. Should all my action be directed toward achieving the greatest happiness for the greatest number of people? Am I responsible to help those who are not willing to help themselves? Do I believe that people get what they deserve?
~
What motivates me to give? Is it true generosity if, after I have finished giving, I feel impoverished rather than intangibly wealthy? Do my possessions own me? Am I possessed by them?
~
Is it better to give than to receive? Why do I find it difficult to receive love from some people?
~
No answers today. Only questions. The answers to these questions make me uncomfortable, no matter how I answer them.

1 comment:

Heidi said...

Good questions...very good questions...you've got me thinking:)