"Bless the moment... and the years will be their own blessing. Many of us
live life in a rush because it allows us to believe we are going somewhere."
-Jacob the Baker-


Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Waiting for sleep

The wee hours of the morning are keeping me company. I have no wisdom (or folly) to share at this hour. Only the bleary wakefulness that comes from a mind full of... well, nothing really. Full of thoughts waiting to be acknowledged. Like much neglected pets waiting to be fed, they whimper and beg for my attention. Knowing what will be unleashed if I choose to open that door, I studiously ignore the pitiful whining. Nameless and undisclosed, they're easier to contain and control. Tomorrow, I tell myself. Tomorrow I'll think about it. Sleep eludes me and the nagging grows more insistent.

No comments: